Heath Construction now offers a career opportunity for a project engineer with deep preconstruction experience and a strong desire to work for the premier local contractor in Northern Colorado. A competitive compensation package will be provided with this position, including excellent insurance and wages commensurate with experience.
Heath is a progressive, family-friendly company that provides excellent compensation and an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects of great importance in the Northern Colorado community.
Thanks to Heath’s success in this region and its’ partnership with Denver-based Saunders Construction, we’re growing quickly. If you believe you are a top-quality candidate for this position, we want to hear from you.
- Assist operations in the preconstruction process associated with new projects.
- Research and define entitlement process for projects.
- Interpret applicable codes and regulations for all AHJ’s.
- Complete conceptual estimates.
- Compile precon schedules in ASTA, Project or equivalent.
- Manage value engineering as well as Roles and Responsibilities matrices.
- Create action items list from meeting minutes for project approval.
- Must be highly organized, task oriented and able to work efficiently through task list to reach a deadline successfully.
- Strong engineering background required. Formal engineering education preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand geotechnical reports in order to conceptualize impacts on construction.
- Estimating experience required at both a hard bid, 100% construction document level and conceptual level.
- Experience in entitlement process, preferably in Northern Colorado.
- Proforma development expertise would be a plus.
- Civil experience would be a plus, but is not required.
- Experience in diverse roles preferred (e.g., estimating. field and project management), especially if this experience has been gained in a single company.