Heath is now looking for a Senior Estimator with 7-10 years of experience to take the lead in both negotiated and competitive bid projects. A college degree in construction management or engineering is preferred.
Heath is a mid-sized contractor in Colorado, we build projects throughout Colorado and surrounding states for national clients and others based in Colorado. Our preconstruction team competes for negotiated and competitive-bid projects in diverse markets including education, municipal, office, multi-family, healthcare, high tech, big box retail, local retail and federal.
Heath employees work in a family-friendly environment. The company maintains an active wellness program and offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Thanks to Heath’s success in this region and its partnership with Denver-based Saunders Construction, we’re growing quickly. If you believe you are a top-quality candidate for this position, we want to hear from you today.
- Lead hard bid estimates as required to be fully prepared for bid day
- Prepare preconstruction estimates for schematic and design development levels for projects
- Review construction plans and specifications to complete quantitative take-offs and support estimators
- Communicate with subcontractor base with regard to project scope, schedule, risks, etc.
- Manage the procurement process from advertisement of projects through final pricing & award
- Lead and support bid-day tasks including: finalize project cost & alternates; verify subcontractors’ scope & cost; analyze project risks; resolve conflicts and questions on bid scopes.
- Complete bid day forms, envelope for turn-in, bid bonds, etc.
- Support the operations department during transition and buy-out
- Assist in maintaining in-house database of sub-contractors
- Experience in both hard bid and negotiated/preconstruction estimating
- Timberline estimating software or equivalent spreadsheet estimating experience
- Excel spreadsheets
- BIM experience
- On-Screen Takeoff experience
- iSqFt experience
- Strong management skills
- Subcontractor communication experience
- Experience with the Northern Colorado subcontractor market preferred
- Experience consistent with Heath markets